Reverse Osmosis System Components
The RO module is the central component and holds the pre-filters, membrane, and post-filter. Reinforcement is provided so they can be mounted under the sink or in a basement.
Angle Stop Valve
The angle stop valve associates with the cold water line to supply water to the RO system and provides an easy intelligence to shut off the water supply when servicing the unit.
Melt Blown Polypropylene filter abolishes larger particles such as dirt, rust & sediment, 10 Micron Carbon Block removes chlorine and chemical contamination in the feed water and protects the RO membrane.
Automatic Shut-Off Valve
The automatic shut-off valve closes when the storage tank is full and shuts off the water supply to maintain water. The valve stimulates when the tank pressure is 2/3 of the feed pressure.
Reverse Osmosis Membrane Thin Film Composite Membranes abolish dissolved minerals, metals, and salts. In this process, toxic compounds are separated by the membrane from the water, and the contaminants are flushed to the drain.
A coconut shell activated carbon post filter is provided for a final “gloss” and to abolish tastes, odors and to provide great tasting water.
The bladder tank holds RO purified water, ready to use.
The RO Faucet is used to dispense purified water when you want it.
A wastewater seat valve connects to the drain to remove reject water from the RO system.
Tubing connects all RO components.
Quick-Connect fittings are used for significant tubing connections. These fittings connect by pushing the tube into the fitting past a slight resistance until the tube primary out in the fitting. Simply make a clean cut in your tubing and smoothly push in the tubing until it will not go any further. To ensure that your tubing has made a comfortable fit, pull back smoothing on the tubing; it should catch. Always re-check for leaks to ensure a watertight connection.
Tools required for installation
- variable speed electric drill
- metal cutting drill bits
- concrete drill bits (for porcelain sinks)
- Phillips head screwdriver
- adjustable wrench
- Teflon tape & Plastic tubing cutter
- Hammer & Center punch
Your purifier system may be installed under a sink or in a basement. Do not install a unit where it would be exposed to freezing temperatures. Connecting to an ice maker or other remote location can also be considered if a go-between can be made without using more than 12″ of tubing, otherwise, a delivery pump may be needed. Farther runs can be pursued and a pump can be added later as per requirements.
Instruction for component placement are as follows:
The faucet should be placed on, or near the sink where drinking/cooking water is normally appropriate. A 2″ flat surface is required to mount the faucet if an actual hole is not available. The density of the mounting surface should not exceed 1-1/4″ or a faucet development (not supplied) will be needed.
The bladder Tank may be placed where it is convenient, within ten feet of the faucet. Under the sink or in a nearby cabinet or in a basement post are accomplished choices. Full tanks can measure more than thirty pounds; so make sure any freeze used is secure. The bladder tank can be placed on its side or upright.
The purifier Unit may be mounted on either side of the sink, in the back of a cabinet, or in the basement. Mounting the unit on the left or the right side of the cabinet under the sink administers for easier access to the unit for future maintenance.
Angle Stop Valve
Angle Stop Valve is used to supply a feed water connection to the purifier unit. Locate this accumulation as close to the purifier unit as possible. associate between the top of your cold water shut-off valve and the bottom of the riser tube that runs between your cold water shut-off and the faucet. Ask the dealer which option can be used in place of the angle stop adaptor if one cannot be installed under your sink.
A Drain Saddle
A Drain Saddle is used to make a wastewater connection with your drain under the sink. This is arranged to fit around an accepted 1-1/2″ OD drainpipe. The drain saddle valve should always be installed before the p-trap and on the vertical or horizontal tailpiece. Do not install the drain saddle near garbage disposal to avoid clogging the drain line with debris
- Faucet Installation
If the sink has a sprayer, it may be muddled for faucet installation. A pipe cap or plug will be necessary to seal the sprayer acquaintance or a sprayer can be left connected under the sink.
To make the faucet-mounting hole, check below to make sure the drill will not frustrate with anything below. A 2″ flat surface is needed, not out space 1-1/4″ thickness.
The faucet should be arranged so it empties into the sink and spouts revolve freely for convenience. If the sink has a hole that can accommodate the water purifier faucet, no drilling is required. Proceed with escalating the faucet.
Installation procedures for Ceramic on Metal, or Cast Iron:
Precautions must be taken to infiltrate the porcelain through to the metal base and secure chipping or scratching.
- Mark the center with a center punch for the 1/4″ pilot hole.
- Carefully drill a pilot hole with a masonry pit through porcelain and stop when metal shows. (Use light pressure and slow speed)
- Switch the bit to a standard metal cutting bit to sustain to cut through the metal below the porcelain surface.
- proceeding to augment the pilot hole with larger masonry & metal cutting bits until the hole is 1/2″.
Installation proceeding for stainless steel sinks
- Mark the center with a center punch for the 1/4″ pilot hole.
- Drill the pilot hole.
- Continue to enlarge the hole with a larger size drill bit until it is 1/2″.
- Clean up sharp edges.
Note: These faucets require a 1-1/4″ hole in the sink rather than the 1/2″ hole required by the standard faucet included with the Aquafresh water purifier system. To make a hole to accommodate an air gap faucet requires special tools such as a chassis punch (stainless steel) or a Relton cutter (porcelain) if a large enough hole is not already available. Ask your local dealer for more information.
- Mounting the Faucet
Disassemble hardware from the strap shank. Chrome fundament plates and rubber cleaners slide up the shank to the faucet body.
Feed strap shank through the sinkhole and orient the faucet. From below sink, slide lock cleaner and hex nut over the strap shank and tighten with a wrench.
Note: It is best to have someone hold the faucet at the right criteria from the sink to keep it from moving out of place. If this is not possible then tighten the hex nut until it is just more or less than completely tight. Then move the faucet base from above the sink, tightening it while adjusting the faucet in the desired location.
- Angle Stop Valve and Tubing Installation
The Guest Angle Stop Valve provides a simple, easy connection between the angle stop (cold water shut-off) and the bottom of the riser tube. The Angle Stop Valve has a built-in shut-off and gives the feed supply joint for the reverse osmosis system.
- close the cold water supply using the angle stop shut-off located under your sink.
- After enclosing the valve, relieve the pressure by discontinuity the handles on your faucet on the cold waterside.
- Using an accommodating wrench, disconnect the riser tube from the actual cold water shut-off.
- Connect the swivel end of the Guest Angle Stop Valve to the threads on the cold water shut-off. This joint should only be hand tight.
- bind the riser tube to the male end of the Guest Angle Stop Valve and tighten with a wrench.
- make a length tubing between the John Guest fixing on the Angle Stop Valve and the channel of the Aquafresh water purifier unit.
- Drain Saddle Valve Installation
Drain Saddle is hand-me-down to make wastewater storage with the drain under the sink, which is created to fit around a standard 1-1/2″ OD drainpipe. The drain saddle valve should always be placed before or upside the p-trap and on a bolt- upright or horizontal drain. Do not install the drain saddle adjoining garbage disposal to avoid clogging the drain line with debris.
- Position the drain saddle valve at the selected location and mark for the opening.
- Drill hole at the mark concluded one side of the pipe.
- Abolish backing from the gasket and place the adhesive side to the fixing half of the drain clamp all around the hole.
- Position both halves of drain saddle on drain pipe so the opening aligns with the drilled hole. Use a microscopic drill bit to verify that the drain clamp is properly coordinated.
- Secure drain saddle clamp on the valve with bolts and nuts provided. (Do not close it too tight and make sure there is equal space between saddle reduce by fifty percent on each side)
- Initial Tubing Connections
Initial Tubing Connections For accessibility on under-sink installations, it may be desirable to complete under-sink tubing connections at this time.
- RO Component Installation
Cartridge Installation Required
The sediment cartridge, carbon block cartridge(s), and reverse osmosis membrane must all be installed in the Aquafresh water purifier unit. The cartridges are provided in sanitary packaging. kindly wash your hands or you can use gloves when handling the cartridges.
The melt-blown polypropylene deposit cylinder is the first on the channel side, followed by the carbon block cartridge. Both of these cassettes can be installed with either end first. The sheath goes into the membrane housing with the o-ring end first. Be sure Aquafresh water purifier sheath is pushed into sheath housing as far as it will go.
- Aquafresh water purifier Unit Installation
The Aquafresh water purifier unit is normally mounted to the right or left sink cabinet sidewall, depending on where the supply tank is to be located. Usually, the unit is installed at the front of the container and the tank at the rear.
To escalate the unit, elevate it at least 2″ off the floor, level it, and mark the location of arising holes needed. Drill hole for escalate screws and install screws allowing the escalate bracket slots to slip over them.
Note: If the cabinet sidewalls are not solid, the unit may sit on the floor with screws used just to keep it against the cabinet in a vertical position.
- Pre-Fill and Supply Tank Placement
Pre-filling the storehouse tank is approved so there is acceptable pressure to check for leaks and water to flush the carbon post filter. To do this connect the feed line that will serve the Aquafresh water purifier unit directly to the bladder tank. reducer is provided for this purpose. Allow the water to fill the bladder until it is enclosed completely.
The supply tank should be placed under the counter or within 10 feet of the Aquafresh water purifier unit.
Note: Tanks are enforcement with air at 7 psi.
- Final Tubing Connections
With all items in place, complete final tubing acquaintance with these guidelines:
- Tubing should follow the figuration of the cabinets.
- Cut the tubing to exact length using square cuts and a complete cutting tool
- Make sure there is no crinkle in the tubing.
- Keep tubing from the Aquafresh water purifier unit to the tank and faucet as short as possible for good flow.
- The Drain line is a short tube joint to the membrane housing. On this tube is a cylindrical drain flow stopper. This is where the drain line connects to the Aquafresh water purifier. Do not demolish the drain flow restrictor as this will cause a failure in the system.